.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

haiku you doing?

I thought I'd spice up an otherwise mundane post about my everyday activities by composing them in the ancient form of haiku. Ok, lets get this party started!

Fuck! how many words
are in a haiku again?
wait, syllables? shit!

Okay, I'm ready
no really, I got it now
wait, do commas count?

shit shit shit shit shit
okay, take a nice deep breath
haiku doesn't suck

there once was a man
from nantucket, who walked with
his foot in a - damn!

okay, not limericks
this is poetry, dammit!
pull it together!

I ate a cookie
chocolate and peanut butter
it was delicious

I need a shower
but I'll probably skip it
because I am gross.

Yesss! I just needed to warm up. It's like a verbal ballet. Now I need to lay down, that was really hard.

Comments:
After reading, "okay, not limericks" I expected the next line to be, "pronounced lim-ricks, so it works."

I like the first one best.

"Not lim-er-icks, dork"
 
yer haikus are cool
mine are still trying to rhyme
I enjoy taffy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?