.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

requiem for a benadryl-ized dream

I haven't dreamed in a long time, because I haven't really slept more than 5 or 6 hours in probably a month, and I'd wake up every hour or so because Herve sleeps with us and periodically settles himself on my face. last night, at my doctor's recommendation, I slipped into a blissful coma thanks to two little pink benadryl pills. And along with a doped up nocturne, I had some crazy dreams...the best one was this:

I was having this big elaborate wedding and everyone was excited and I was in a red satin dress and part of the ceremony was that I tried on different shoes that my grandma made for me (she actually told me that she was inspired to make shoes by something I wrote in my blog). I was standing in a big sleigh, at the back of the church, flanked by all these littel girls I didn't know in white dresses. I was really excited and then I looked up and saw that I was marrying Rory and thought, "Oh...Rory is going to be my husband?" because I guess up until then I wasn't aware of who my new spouse was.

But then I got this weird feeling and all the sudden I realized....I was already married and I couldn't get married again!! At least not in a church!! So I told my Mom that everyone had forgotten I was married and that I couldn't do the ceremony. She listened intently and then said, "Ok, let me go check if this is true", then she ran out of the room!! This Asian man that I didn't know came up the aisle and started motioning and smiling and I was like, "Oh, oh are we starting now?" because people were still milling around. But he kind of nudged me down the aisle and I knew I had to stall for time, so I said, "I don't know how to walk down the aisle by myself, I need to wait for my mom.

Just as everyone in the church (which was completely white, and decorated in a very "Elvis" style) started to seem concerned, my mom came back in and grabbed me. She ran up and told the priest that everyone was pressuring me to get married and that, "We just can't deal with this right now!" She didn't make any mention that I was already married, more like I had other things on my action-item list and this was not a priority. The priest (who looked like a famous actor; a famous actor with giant eyebrows) said, "I understand." but then he gave me this really mean, judgemental Catholic look and then Rory was crying and I started crying. The worst part is that I was crying because the wedding looked really cool and I had to stop it, not so much that I was already married to Mike and no one (including myself) had seemed to remember this small fact.

This dream is ripe for so many interpretations, I'm not going to even bother. I'm sure most of them are sexual, and not in a kinky fun way, but more like a "secret sexual yearning for priests that look like Elvis" creepy kind of way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?