.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 07, 2006

observations

1.) I actually function somewhat ok on 2 hours of sleep. I think it's because my heart rate was constantly racing last night thanks to an evening full of stress: my latest vermin discovery...MICE; my dog deciding that instead of using our ENORMOUS YARD, he'd rather poop on the kitchen floor; our neighbors security floodlight that kept turning on in the middle of the night, convincing me that there was a serial killer in our yard about, oh, SEVEN TIMES. So kids, stop relying on No-Doz to get you through those all-nighters...just start being bathed in a cold sweat and chock full of adrenaline for 12 hours. It's like MAGIC!

2.) There are a lot of people wearing formal shorts. Which is disturbing because I'm starting to think that my original hypothesis (people are wearing formal shorts as some sort of unspoken, collective joke) is wrong and people are actually wearing these things seriously. Formal. Shorts.
It's a contradiction in terms!!

3.) People in the nicest cars (Jaguars, BMWs, Kompressors) are always the ones that cut you off on the freeway, causing your blood pressure to rise with rage....and they are also always the ones that honk and curse and flash there lights when GOD FORBID you put your car in front of theirs...also causing your blood pressure to rise with paranoia..."Am I a bad driver? Did I just cut that guy off? But I thought there was room! I had my turn signal on!!" Either way they cause bile to eat a hole in your stomach which causes you to go to the doctor, which gets the doctor richer which allows him to buy an expensive car that he will cut you off in. It's the ciiiircle...the circle of liiiife...

4.) I go from zero to rank in about 4 minutes. Seriously. One trip across campus today and I smelled like a wet yeti.

5.) Even though I am 24 and have been out of highschool for 6 years, I still feel that insane pressure to have people like me...to have the attractive, "cool" people talk to me. I feel rejected if I am not asked to be in someone's group if we have to form them in class...in short, I still actually CARE what total strangers think of me and am STILL convinced that they are giving me more than 30 seconds of thought. Ugh. Oh, I'm also still a giant dork.

6.) Speaking of being 24... the age difference between me and most of the student body at Mesa isn't as bad or obvious as I expected. Really, the biggest difference between me and my classmates is that they are fresh-faced, youthful people with their entire lives ahead of them ... and I am a withered old crone.

7.) I am incapable of writing short posts or concise sentences, for that matter. And I'm just OCD enough to want to make up 3 more fake observations

8.) So I can have

9.) An even number in my post.

10.) Ahhh, much better.

Comments:
1. I envy you. I am a mess if I don't get at least 8 hours. 10 hours is most desired to allow me to interact with the common people. Less than 8, and I am a retarded, cranky mess. Unable to form complete sentences, and yelling threatening epithets at people.


2. People are wearing formal shorts in San Diego? Yikes! Especially those with pleats. Scary. Thankfully, that has not happened here.

3. I'm a public transportation snob, so I can't comment on this one.

4. Does a wet yeti smell like a wet yak? If so, not good.

5. That kind of happens with all of us. I subconsciously fear my commenting rights on the Gawker sites, will be taken away because they don't think my comments are wry enough.

6. In one of my classes, I had a guy who must have been pushing 50. He was a construction foreman who wanted to get his degree in Interior Design. And, he had a thick accent. Imagine how he must have felt with all the youngin's, and fey guys. You're only as old as you feel.

7. Your long posts aren't hard to read like others. I have a blog buddy with a teeny weeny font problem, and long detailed posts. I have to plan my afternoons around them.
 
odd numbers are freaky.
even numbers are better.
lists are hott!
coolness is overrated. of course, consider the source. i'm a super dork so of course i would say that.
 
About wanting everyone to like you, I'm 26 and still the exact same way lol...I want everyone to like me (especially the "popular" ones) and if they don't I work hard to get them to...I think it's just human nature..and I'm glad you did even numbers...whenever I pump gas I make sure to end on .25, .50, .75, or .00 ...does that make me OCD?

my name is Meagan my blog is megisalone.blogspot.com posting Anon b/c I have blogger in beta
 
Hey, sometimes the kitchen floor is closer than the back yard. That's always my excuse, anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?