.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 03, 2007

this post brought to you by the church of latter-day saints

Wow.
It's 5:06AM. I have not slept since....12PM yesterday. I am to un-asleep to do that math. But I've been up for awhile. And not......tired. Don't understand. Can't complete full sentences.
Oh. no.

Just watched a program on PBS about the Mormon Church. Too much ridiculous information to put into one post. Did you know Mormons have an impenetrable cave in Salt Lake City that houses 2 billion names of deceased people (that were recorded)? The goal is to use these names to baptize people "in death" so they can get on the afterlife gravy train. This cave will literally withstand a nuclear attack. But I ask you, what of the living people, above ground? Shouldn't we be the ones with an impregnable fortress? If we're all toast, who is going to put our names into this catacomb? Who, dammit?!? Answer me, ghost of Joseph Smith!

Thinking about writing a play.

Thinking about writing a novel, too.

Thinking about taking a writing class and an art class over the summer.

Thinking about the odds that come summer I will abandon all these endeavors to commit myself fully to constructing a Slip-n-Slide obstacle course.

Thinking about purchasing a Slip-n-Slide immediately.



But seriously, has anyone out there ever had any of their writing published? I am curious how difficult/ego-deflating it is. And, yes, I consider a two-column farmers market review in the PennySaver as published work. Gotta start small.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Ooo! Can you base a character in your play on me? Or, failing that, can I come play on the Slip-and-Slide?
 
Yes.
And, yes. :)

Perhas I will write a Slip n Slide INTO my play!!!!!!!

Ooh! Now I'm getting a great idea for a rock opera that involves a plastic ball pit!!
 
No offense or nothin', but Mormons are batshit insane.

And I don't know you or anything, but you should totally write a novel. Everyone should write a novel. I think some famous author once said that everyone has at least one good novel in them.

I think it's impossible to publish a novel without an agent. And you can't get an agent without having been published. So...like...Slip 'n Slide. Yeah.
 
Phronk, thank you. I am totally going to write a novel. Just promise me you'll buy it. Or at least thumb through it while you're buying gum at the Hudson News stand at your local airport.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?